Search This Blog

Saturday 4 February 2017

RAF Bi-plane model-Balsa kit





I was asked to create a window with the theme travel. It had to include 2 by planes and 2 scenes: one summer destination and one winter - Alps.
Because the windows were going to be so different I decided to include elements which tied them together using coloured walls and deck chairs. Choosing the old fashion planes models was a challenge, in the ended I opted for a kit and thought I would be ok with that. Well, when the kit arrived I realized it was the old fashion way of building model planes, the grandfather’s style! I could not understand the language, let alone have enough time to build them in the first place, so I recruited my boyfriend who used to be passionate about model aircrafts as a kid. We eventually managed to build the planes in 3 days having to skip some steps and making them impossible to fly. The result was however good enough for the window. My boyfriend has now the right to ask me anything in exchange for this favor. I may be in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment